Sunday, 27 March 2011

Knitting and Stitching Show 2011

Last Saturday I attended the Knitting and Stitching show at Olympia in London. The show was spread over three floors, the bottom was knitting, the next floor was stitching and the third floor was paper craft. I went along with my mum who is an avid knitter and my friend Sarah who is a textiles teacher. We went down to the knitting floor first, there wasn't as much knitting stuff as I thought there would be but what was there was great, including the largest pair of knitting needles I have ever seen! Maybe even the largest in the world! As you can see from the picture below they were giant sized needles, they were being used to raise mooney for charity, you paid a £1 and got to have a go at a couple of stitches, they were knitting a giant rug.



There was a stall which had large needles (although not as large as the other ones) which I had a quick go with. I don't think I'd be able tonight with them for very long as they were quite awkward to hold.


Something else that caught my eye were the amazing tea cosies by Loani Prior That were more like art.

There was also a beautiful display of replicas of famous works of art that had been knitted.


We moved fairly quickly round the paper craft floor, although there is a new magazine called Mollie Makes which comes out in May which I would definitely like to take a look at.

There was also an amazing scrapbook artist who's work was on a level I've never seen before. Including some amazing 3D pieces.



The stitching floor was naturally my favourite, there were about 4 fabric stalls and I got these beautiful fabrics which I've already got plans for :)


I also came up with a new design this week. With Easter round the corner I designed a bunny rabbit felt brooch which you can see below, I also want to make an Easter Chick if I have time.


But I'm frantically working away to make enough stock for the craft fair I'm attending next Sunday and I have two new products that I want to have ready for the fair, more about those when they're ready.
I also decided to offer a wholesale price list this week after a few enquiries from shops so if you are interested in stocking any of my products please email me for a price list.

No comments:

Post a Comment