Saturday, 5 March 2011

Unveiling a new creation and my slightly disorganised workroom!

Well I have just created a new little critter and I thought I would share it all with you, it's been a bit slow on the posting front as I've had the dreaded lurgy this week. So I'm doing a double post today, if like me you LOVE seeing other crafters working spaces then this post is for you. I have taken some pictures of my disorganised workroom. We actually converted our garage to make a office/workroom/library/gym. We were trying to get as much use out of the room as possible and to be fair I probably spend more time in here than any other room. But first, onto my new creation. I am expanding my range or felt brooch animals, my sketch book is chock full of my little drawings it's just getting round to making them into actual brooches, but I have finally completed hedgehog brooch.


Little hedgehog brooch started life as this little doodle:


After deciding what colour to use and which thread, hedgehog brooch was born, you can now purchase him from my online shop here or through Etsy here.

And here is where the crafting magic happens:



My trusty sewing machine, which I could not live without. Whilst I sew all my brooches by hand, all of my bags are sewn using the sewing machine. This was a birthday present a few years back, just a bog standard model, it doesn't have lots of fancy stitches but it does the job :)


Now this may look like a bit of a mess and well yes, it is. But this is were I keep all of my fabrics and bits and pieces that I use to make my bags. This workroom isn't actually finished yet, there is another whole unit with shelves that isn't finished yet. Once that's done all of my fabric and knick knacks will live there and this will go back to being a bookcase :)


These are where my finished creation live whilst they're waiting for a new home.


Why has she taken a picture of her window ledge I hear you say, well this is were I photograph all my bits and pieces apart from the larger items. But all my purses, brooches and keyrings are photographed on this window ledge on some sparkly net fabric. Now you know my secret!

4 comments:

  1. Your workroom looks so tidy Chiara!
    You should see mine - its like a bombsite at the moment
    Very cute hedgehog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks wayyyyy more tidy then mine!!!! ANd it is so much brighter as well....lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty organized to me Chiara.Like the hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you put anything like tracing paper on the window to create more of a softbox and soften the shadows? I find it works quite well when it is stong sunlight and I dont want darkshadows.

    ReplyDelete